SHARE

Man with just months to live left looking like this after gang attack
Mark Walker suffered horrific facial injuries in the attack (Picture: Evening Gazette)

A terminally ill man was left battered and bruised with half of his face badly swollen after he was attacked by a gang of youths.

Mark Walker, who has months to live and is so ill he can barely walk, was set upon as he walked to a Chinese takeaway at Norfolk Place in Middlesbrough.

Councillor faces backlash for using disabled slur on Twitter

The 48-year-old was attacked by about six teenagers who kicked and punched him – leaving behind a trainer mark on his face as well as the horrific injuries.

A relative of Mark said: ‘Mark can barely walk. He is really poorly. What if anything happens to him this week?

‘Kids are ruling the town. They aren’t even kids they are animals.

A man with just months left to live was brutally attacked by a gang of youths as he walked to a Chinese takeaway. Mark Walker was left battered and bruised, with a trainer mark on his face, after he was kicked and punched by the mob in Berwick Hills on Friday night. The 48-year-old, who is barely able to walk, left his home to buy a takeaway from the parade of shops at Norfolk Place. But he never made it and was set on by around six teenagers in an alley at the side of Pallister Park, just metres from his home. A photo of Mr Walker?s injuries show a severely swollen eye, and cuts and bruises all over his face. CAPTION Norfolk Place shopping centre. Norfolk shops
Mark was attacked near Norfolk Place in Middlesbrough (Picture: Evening Gazette)

‘It’s the same kids doing all these attacks. What’s it going to take, someone to murdered before something is done?’

AdvertisementAdvertisement

He was taken to hospital after the brutal attack in an alley by Pallister Park, near his home, but has since been discharged.

Charles Bronson 'butters himself up for a Valentine's Day rumble with prison guards'

Middlesbrough Neighbourhood Policing Team said they are aware of ‘rumours circulating’ about an incident.

In a Facebook post, the team said: ‘We would like to clarify that we are aware of this incident, have made contact with the victim’s family and inquiries are ongoing.’

This latest attack comes despite heightened police patrols following trouble in the estates of Berwick Hills, Pallister Park and Belle Vue.

More: UK

A total of 14 teenagers, and two 12-year-olds, have been arrested so far for offences including robbery, serious assault, criminal damage and violent disorder since the police crackdown began.

Anyone with information should ring the non-emergency police number 101.

AdvertisementAdvertisement

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here