Police have shut down a series of illegal parties overnight as people enjoyed a final weekend of revelry before tougher coronavirus restrictions come into force.
With hours until the "rule of six" takes effect, Greater Manchester Police said it had halted illegal gatherings at properties in Altrincham and Flixton on Saturday night, along with a gathering of around 70 people in Mottram.
Fixed penalty notices were issued at each of the incidents, which breached existing bans on groups of more than 30 meeting.
Officers had earlier attended a gathering of 45 people in Stockport, and another at an address in north Manchester they had been called to on two previous occasions.
Meanwhile, large numbers of people flocked to bars and pubs in cities across the UK despite rising numbers of coronavirus cases, with pictures showing groups making the most of the warm weekend weather.
That came after Nottinghamshire Police issued a "reckless" teenager with a £10,000 fine for hosting a house party in Lenton, which saw more than 50 guests gather at a home on Harlaxton Drive.
More from Covid-19
If the 19-year-old man fails to pay or contests the fine he will appear before a court, the force said.
Assistant Chief Constable Steve Cooper, from Nottinghamshire Police, said anyone considering hosting parties ahead of the changes on Monday – when social gatherings in England will be limited to groups of six people both indoors and outdoors – should think again or face the consequences.
"We need to all remember we are very much still in the middle of a global pandemic and we all need to take responsibility for our actions," he said.