In need of a bit of travel inspiration?
We feel you. It’s only February and 2018 already feels like the longest year in all existence. We’d quite like to go dip our feet in warm sand to get away from it all.
When you’re planning your trip, you probably fall into one of two camps. The first, the type who find the hotel first than plan around that. The second, the type that books whatever place is easiest to rest their head and isn’t too far from everything they want to do.
If you’re in the first group, you’ll definitely want to know about the TripAdvisor’s list of the top 25 hotels in the world.
If you’re in the second group, it’s still worth having a scroll through to see if any of the best-reviewed places happens to be near where you’re heading, right?
As of this year, these are the most highly rated hotels around the world. We’d like to head to each and every one of them, please.
1. Viroth Hotel in Siem Reap, Cambodia
2. Tulemar Bungalows and Villas, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
3. Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur, India
4. Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa, Hanoi, Vietnam
5. Gili Lankanfushi, Lankanfushi, Maldives
6. Hotel Belvedere, Riccione, Italy
7. The Nantucket Hotel & Resort, Nantucket, Massachusetts
8. La Reserve Paris, Paris, France
9. Nayara Springs, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
10. Hanoi La Siesta Hotel Trendy, Hanoi, Vietnam
11. Shinta Mani Shack, Siem Reap, Cambodia
12. Kayakapi Premium Caves, Urgup, Turkey
13. The Leela Place, Udaipur, India
14. Hotel 41, London, UK
15. Baros Maldives, Baros Island, Maldives
16. Belmond Palacio Nazarenas, Cusco, Peru
17. The Killarney Park Hotel, Killarney, Ireland
18. The Milestone Hotel and Residences, London, UK
19. Hotel Estalagem St Hubertus, Gramado, Brazil
20. The Oberoi, Pointe Aux Piments, Mauritius
21. Aria Hotel Budapest by Library Hotel Collection, Budapest, Hungary
22. Quinta Jardins do Lago, Funchal, Portugal
23. The Tuscany, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
24. Eden Rock, St Barths, St Jean, St Barthelemy
25. Baraza Resort & Spa, Bwejuu, Tanzania