Bartenders, dont have it easy.
If you work behind a bar, youre probably sick of watching people wave money to try and get served, cleaning up those split drinks and then stepping out into the dreary British weather after closing time.
This could be the perfect opportunity for you – a beautiful floating haven in the middle of the Caribbean sea, needs a new bartender for the summer.
Yes, you might still have to shake up a few cocktails but at least youll be enjoying the sunshine and scenery at the spot off the coast of Jamaica.
Floyds Pelican Bar is run by Floyd Forbes and although he spends all day working in paradise, he hasnt been able to take a holiday in eight years.
So this summer Virgin Holidays is looking for a temporary bartender to work at the bar while Floyd has a break.
Floyds Pelican Bar is regularly crowned one of the best bars in the world.
Its located approximately one mile from Jamaica in the middle of the Caribbean Sea, the unique floating structure is only accessible by boat.
Floyd built the bar in 2001 after spending years enjoying the scenery and its so popular, he doesnt have a chance to take much time off.
According to the job advert, the perfect candidate must be:
- Willing to commute by boat or paddle board, even when the weather is a little too beautiful to go to work
- Eager to chat to locals and tourists alike and get to know them over a cool bottle of local beer
- Manage the music playlist to ensure chilled beats are playing at all times
- Throw the occasional fish to the resident pelicans, who gave the bar its name
- Welcome passing boats looking for a refreshment with a smile
- Able to multitask – it can be tricky to hand out beer and appreciate the glistening turquoise water at the same time
Joe Thompson, Managing Director of Virgin Holidays, said: We think the Caribbean is your playground – filled with so much fun and beauty to explore, from the white beach sands Read More – Source