WINNER: Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos made it to the top spot this year
It’s no secret that Brits love a bit of sun, sea and sand when it comes to holidays. But where are the most beautiful beaches in the world?
Travel company TripAdvisor has just announced their top-rated beaches at the Travellers’ Choice Awards.
Bournemouth was named the best beach in Britain by the travel giant and came 14th in the world. But can you guess which dreamy destination made it to the top spot?
BEAUTIFUL: Baia do Sancho in Brazil was voted the second best beach in the world
The glorious Grace Bay in Providenciales came out on top at the Travellers' Choice awards, beating competition from beaches in Brazil, Cuba and Spain.
With turquoise waters, powdery snow-white sand and glorious year-round sunshine, it's easy to see how the Caribbean cove in Turks and Caicos nabbed the title.
One review on TripAdvisor reads: “This is one of the most beautiful settings you will ever experience. The beach is wide and excellent for a long walk.
“Peaceful and not overcrowded. The water consists of multiple shades of blue and you can get lost in the horizon”.
BEACH BUM: Eagle Beach in Aruba was voted the fourth best beach in the world
13 Places Where You Can See the Bluest Water in the World
We’ve put together a list of some of the bluest waters in the world. These lakes, seas, beaches, and bays have vistas that range from brilliant navy blues to the lightest, clearest turquoises imaginable.Getty Images/Lonely Planet Image The Maldives – As one of the world’s best islands, it’s no surprise that the Maldives are a favorite destination for celebrities. You can find this low-lying island nation in between the Indian and Arabian seas has luxuriously appointed bungalows set
TripAdvisor announces the Travellers' Choice beach awards every year and they are based on the quality and quantity of traveller reviews and ratings gathered over a 12-month period.
Last year Baia do Sancho in Brazil’s Fernando de Noronha (an archipelago with UNESCO world heritage status) was awarded the top spot, but this year it fell to second place.
Varadero Beach in Cuba came in third, while Eagle Beach in Aruba and Seven Mile Beach in the Cayman Islands came in fourth and fifth place consecutively.
La Concha Beach in San Sebastian, Spain, took the crown for the best beach in Europe.
NUMBER ONE: Bournemouth Beach has been voted the best in Britain
Here are the top 25 beaches in the world:
1. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
2. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
3. Varadero Beach, Cuba
4. Eagle Beach, Aruba, Caribbean
5. Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands
6. La Concha Beach, San Sebastian, Spain
7. Clearwater Beach, Florida, USA
Britain's best beaches
Here are the top 25 beaches in the UK based on travellers' TripAdvisor reviews.Getty Images Woolacombe Beach, Devon
8. Seven Mile Beach, Negril, Jamaica
9. Bavaro Beach, Dominican Republic
10. Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
11. Elafonissi Beach, Crete, Greece
12. Falesia Beach, Albufeira, Portugal
13. Fig Tree Bay, Protaras, Cyprus
14. Bournemouth Beach, Dorset, UK
15. Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles
16. Manly Beach, Sydney, Australia
17. Santa Monica State Beach, California, USA
18. Angoda Beach, Goa, India
19. Kleopatra Beach, Alanya, Turkey
20. Galapagos Islands
21. Spiaggia dei Conigli, Lampedusa, Italy
22. Sharm El Luli, Egypt
23. Nungwi Beach, Zanzibar, Tanzania
24. Punta Uva Beach, Costa Rica
25. White Beach, Malay, Philippines